Vigna di Gabrì Donnafugata is one of the best known white wines from this famous Sicilian winery. Sold in a bottle with a very elegant label, delicate notes will be released from its opening fruity and floral, able to accompany the meal with pleasure and cheerfulness.
Produced from Ansonica, Catarratto, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier vines, it is therefore the fruit nature of his homeland: in particular, the contribution offered by Ansonica will not escape, the blend that has long since found its most fertile territory on the island and, in particular, where the vineyards of the main estate of Donnafugata. In addition to the Ansonica grape, they are part of the vines that other typically Sicilian grapes, carefully selected, allowed the birth of this wine in order to allow the choice of the only bunches of the right degree of ripeness.
The refinement of the wine is carried out in two parts: 85% is placed on the noble steel lees for 4 months, while the remaining 15% is placed, for the same period of time, in French oak barriques of second step. Another 8 months in the bottle will follow.
Poured on the glass, the wine is straw-yellow in color, while fruit and notes will stand out on the nose floral, herbal and citrus. On the palate it shows a great personality, with a softness and elegance which will reveal a mineral aroma on the finish.
To be enjoyed at a serving temperature of about 8 – 12 degrees in a medium opening glass, it can be easily paired with seafood first courses, with baked fish and various pies. It can also be effectively combined with delicate white meats.